Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#65 Traveling

My first time that I ever flew in an airplane, I was taking a trip to St. Louis. I remember reading the travel brochure the entire flight. I decided to create my own travel brochure for the city.
    There are plenty of reasons to visit St. Louis! To start, there’s the obvious: our claim to fame, the iconic image of the “Gateway to the West”, The Arch in its monumental grandeur. To continue with downtown attractions, I introduce the Botanical Gardens, boasting almost 80 acres of exotic foliage. Then there is Forest Park. Trumping New York’s Central Park in size, it includes the largest outdoor amphitheater, The Muny, our free history museum showcasing national and local artifacts, free art museum displaying original Monets and Picassos, free zoo equipped with lions, tigers, and bears (oh my), and many others of St. Louis’ most popular attractions. The City Museum, which is a misnomer, less of a museum and more of an ultimate jungle gym, maze, hide & seek playing field, and artistic wonderland. It is a guaranteed good time.
    Another attribute of our proud city is music. St. Louis is the birth mother of many music artists, from deep seeded roots in old school rock ‘n’ roll with Chuck Berry and Ike and Tina Turner to bluesy jazz with Miles Davis to modern hip-hop with Chingy “chillin’ at the Holiday Inn,” Huey “pop, lock, and droppin’ it,” J-Kwon ‘in the club gettin’ tipsy,” and most importantly, Nelly, our most famous and most loved rapper. He often references “the Lou” in many of his most popular songs, showing pride as a real St. Louisan should.

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to St Louis sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Louis was very fun! I don't know what it is like now, but I have a few friends from St. Louis and they love it there. They do all go to OSU so who knows haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to take a trip to St. Louis. I want to hit every state if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like I'll be hitting up St. Louis pretty soon ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i guess my brochure has influenced someone haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha well I take recommendations seriously. Usually I end up going to certain movies, taking certain teachers, or even traveling to certain places because people tell me good things about them.

    ReplyDelete